Our free Order Printer Emailer app allows you to add links to your Shopify emails, so that customers can download a PDF of their invoice automatically. When a customer clicks the invoice link in your email, Order Printer Emailer will provide them with the PDF invoice you have setup. This saves you time by providing customers with an invoice automatically, reducing the manual requests you receive asking for invoices. It also saves paper and ink, so it's highly recommended.
When you are also using OrderlyEmails, the setup process is a lot easier. Follow the below instructions to setup the Order Printer Emailer invoice link in your Shopify email notifications designed with OrderlyEmails
Add invoice link
- Install and setup the Order Printer Emailer app, but skip the last step where you are asked to manually copy/paste the link code into your email.
- Login to OrderlyEmails (Shopify admin -> Apps)
- Click the Customize theme button on your existing email design
- In the email type dropdown, select the email that you would like to add the invoice link to, for example, the Shipping confirmation email.
- Click the Add section button at the bottom of the sections list
- Select the Invoice link section and click Add
- In the dropdown, select the emailer you setup in Order Printer Emailer
- You can also drag the button section in the list of sections to move it's position in the email.
- If you are updating an existing email that you have previously purchased, make sure to click the Finished button and copy/paste the new email template code into the Shopify admin again.
NOTE: These instructions are only relevant if you already have the Order Printer Emailer app setup in your Shopify store.