What is a Picking List?
When you need to pack many orders at once, knowing which products and exactly how many you need to grab from your warehouse can really speed up the packing process, and help reduce costly errors. Picking Lists are designed to do exactly that!
The top part of our Picking Lists will summarise the total quantities of each product found within the selected orders. So if you selected 5 orders, and 2 of them contain 1x of the same product, you'll see you need to grab 2x of that product from your warehouse.
Below the summary is a detailed section listing each individual order, so you know which products go into which package, where they are being shipped to, and any order notes or tags to look out for.
Printing a Picking List in OrderlyPrint
You can create a Picking List in the app by doing the following:
- On the main "Dashboard" page of the app
- Select the orders you are going to process
- Click on the "Picking List" button
- Click the "Print" button in the top right corner
Note: We recommend printing this document in landscape orientation for easiest reading.
Customising the Picking List
You can change which information shows in the Picking List document, like this:
- Login to OrderlyPrint
- Click on "Settings" in the top menu
- Click on the tab "Document design"
- Go into the "Options and formats" section of the editor
- Scroll down to the "PICKING LIST SETTINGS" section
Note: The style of the Picking List (font size, colors etc) is not customizable, to ensure efficient use of paper and ink. You can however apply Custom CSS to override the default styling if needed. Get in contact if you need help.